Frequently Asked Questions
what is the riding like at Bike Paradise?
One of the most wonderful things about our trails is their ability to accommodate a wide range of skill levels. The trails are generally smooth and non-technical with gradual ascents and descents. If your tastes lean more towards challenging climbs and descents, we have that too. Varying rider pace can be accommodated with different ride groups. However, since you are booking a mountain bike riding vacation, it is assumed that you are generally fit, able to ride 10-20 miles at a time, with an average 500-1000 ft elevation change per ride. We want to do our very best to accommodate your riding needs, so if you have any concerns, questions or specific needs, please don't hesitate to contact us.
I'm not into huge crowds. How many other people are going to be in the vacation?
The house assigned for your Vacation will dictate the maximum group size, but generally speaking we'll never have more than 8 guests per guide when we're out riding.
I'm already getting excited! What is included in my Vacation?
- meals (specific diets can be accommodated)
- Rental bike logistics
- Fuel and water for riding
- Ground transportation for shuttle rides or off-site activities/meals
- Professional guides
- MTB skills clinics
- "Welcome" beer and wine at the house
- additional quantities can be purchased
- Custom souvenirs
- Sunshine, smiles, vitamin D, hugs and high fives
I know you guys can't provide everything. What is not included?
- Airfare to / from Bike Paradise
- Transportation to / from the airport to / from Bike Paradise
- Bike rentals
- Additional activities outside the itinerary
- Meals not covered on the itenirary
- "hard" alcohol or spirits
- If you are bringing your own bike: assembly, disassembly and shipping to / from Bike Paradise
- Purchases of a personal nature
- Guide gratuities
sounds good so far! What should I bring?
- All your own riding gear (socks, shoes, shorts, pants, pads, jackets, jerseys, gloves, helmet, sunglasses, hydration pack, etc)
- Riding layers - sometimes the mornings can be brisk, and the afternoons warm
- If you’re renting a bike: your pedals, and maybe your saddle if you so choose
my bike is setup perfectly for me, and I love riding it. Can I bring it?
Absolutely! We understand if you want to ride your own steed. If needed, we can provide common tools to help with the assembly of your bike when you arrive. We'll have pumps (shock and tire) and a portable bike stand for your use.
If you'd rather not travel with your bike, consider shipping your bike ahead of time. We have partnered with McDowell Mountain Cycles, the finest shop in the neighborhood. They are the perfect place to receive your bike and assemble it. Send the bike a week ahead of time and it will be assembled and waiting the day you arrive. Reverse the process and it will be shipped home ASAP.
my bike is a bit outdated, or I don't care to deal with transporting my own bike. can I rent something while I'm there?
Our partner McDowell Mountain Cycles has a fleet of the latest and greatest TREK and SCOTT bikes. Contact us for details and we will secure you a bike and arrange for it to be ready when you arrive.
the ITINERARY sounds great, but I'm looking for something a little bit different.
We strive to put together Vacations that we think will suit most riders, but sometimes our guests have unique needs or plans. No problem! We'd be happy to put together a custom vacation that suits your desires. Don't be shy, the sky's the limit! Just drop us a line and let us know what you're thinking.
Here are some ideas to get you thinking:
- a Family Vacation - Maybe not everybody rides, but with all the different nearby activities, we can put together a Vacation that will have everyone smiling.
- a Beginner's Vacation - We can tailor a Vacation with an emphasis on skills clinics, then go on rides to build those skills.
- a Bachelor or Bachelorette Retreat - Why blow your money in Vegas? Come celebrate with your closest friends on a riding trip they'll remember for years.
- a Friends Reunion - Has life got in the way of seeing your childhood pals? Have everybody meet at Bike Paradise and catch up on the trails.
- an A Group Vacation - Our main focus is on rides for most all skill levels, but if you want to take it up a notch with bigger climbs and technical descents, we can accommodate!
- a Birthday Celebration - Is the big one coming up? What better way to get everyone together than to turn some cranks and blow out some candles. We'll provide the cake!
My friend/spouse/partner doesn’t ride a mountain bike, but would still like to enjoy my vacation with me. can they come? what else can they do at Bike Paradise?
Absolutely! Our accommodations are perfect for relaxing at, and the surrounding area is a treasure trove of events and activities. It would be easier to list the activities you couldn't do than the things you can, but here's a short list:
- road bike riding
- wildlife parks
- NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB games
- horseback riding
We can help recommend and plan off-site activities, and non-riders will enjoy a discount on the Bike Paradise rate, but any additional expenses (transportation, tickets, etc) would not be included.
What airport will I fly into?
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is your best bet. There are smaller regional airports in the area though, so if you have unique travel plans, let us know if you need help.
How do we get to Bike Paradise from the Airport?
SuperShuttle is a great option. If you'd like to try and share a shuttle with other guests, let us know and we'll do our best to hook you up!
Can I get my own rental car?
Absolutely, if you want the freedom of having a car of your own that is fine with us, though you'll likely not need it if you're sticking with the Vacation itinerary. All the major rental companies service the Phoenix Sky Harbor airport. Please visit Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport for more details.
oh no! Something came up! I have to cancel. What are my options?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page for details on refunds or transfers.